Saturday, February 21, 2009

Yahoo Boots Yaoi Shonen-ai from Answers


Yahoo has a forum they call Yahoo Answers. In this forum, users may choose between dozens of categories in which they may either ask questions, or answer them.

In the category of "Philosophy" the top dog for more than six months had been Yaoi Shonen-ai. Who is Yaoi? I am Yaoi.

Yahoo has this aggravating desire to make people conform to their rules. I mean I do understand them sometimes, but they have this rule that says if you are expert at something you can post a link to your website. Yaoi was an expert. Not only that, Yaoi had his own blog.

So I posted a link to this blog. It seems they also have a rule that says if your site contains advertising, it is a violation to use that link. Instead, it counsels, post the link in your Profile. So that is where Yaoi put it, in his Profile.

In the mean time, Yaoi continued to answer every question with this post-script (P.S.):

I am a source. I write one of the Liberty Blogs. Yahoo is
censoring that address here, but you can find it on my profile. Isn't it ironic
that they censor the address of a Liberty Blog? LOL This is the reason I quit
Yahoo 6 months ago.

Let me quote their own guidelines: Guidelines state: "If you
have years of experience in something, have a special hobby, own your own
business, [ ] it's OK to accompany a good, on-topic answer with a link to your
website, blog, or email to offer more information."

They are not following their own guidelines, and they never
do. Yahoo sucks, but as long as they don't prevent me from publishing this as
"source," I will continue to answer questions. If I disappear again, you'll know
why."
Ok, so I was a bit harsh on them, but my blog address was posted only in my Profile. And it wasn't just the Academy Blogger address YA censored; it was also the address to Liberty Blogs in general.

And even after coming back after a six month hiatus, no one had bested my score in Philosophy. After six months I was still at the top of the pyramid. Seriously, I was shocked. I had some stiff competition, people who apparently had people who provided them with up to 73% in "Best Answers," while Yaoi did, at most, 35%. I merely answered more questions.

I had well over 8,000 answers on Google, which I do not believe are the exclusive property of Google. I'll have to check that out. However, now all you can see when you Google "Yaoi Shonen-ai" on Answers is this:

"Oops: The information you are looking for is not available."

So if any of you were fans of Yaoi on YA, YA won't, to paraphrase Dick Nixon, "have Yaoi Shonen-ai to kick around any more!"

Good-bye, cruel world! I am crushed!


The Free Assemblage of Metaphysical Naturalists is the SM of
The Free Assemblage of Metaphysical Naturalists LLC.
The Academy of Metaphysical Naturalism TM
,
The Academy of Metaphysical Naturalism Blogger ©,
Academy of Metaphysical Naturalism Blogger Extra ©, and
The Metaphysical Naturalist ©,
are the educational arms of the LLC and are:
© 2008-2009 by Curtis Edward Clark and Naturalist Academy Publishing ®
mailto:freeassemblage@gmail.com